|Niche-regime interaction||Added values||Effects from added values|
|Role development through value creation||Sustainability, fair cost, active engagement, and increased knowledge of the energy system||• Positive experience of becoming an electricity producer.|
• Added values encourage owners to take on the role as infrastructure developers in a decentralized electricity system.
|Social network development in the expanding niche||Sustainability, positive atmosphere, and fair cost||• Decentralized ownership of solar PV increases sustainability in all three dimensions: environmental, social, and financial.|
• The shaping of a social identity among the group of niche advocates.
|Inclusions of regime actors||Induced innovativeness, fair cost, sustainability, increased knowledge of the energy system, and active engagement||• The importance of how solar PV values relate to values from other regime actors, i.e., the property companies and housing companies, in the development of the niche specific social network.|
• Values from solar PV affect regime actor and shape new organizational values.
• Added values create new opportunities for utilities.
• Added values can shape the reformation of utilities to become niche advocates for decentralized ownership of solar PV.
|Niche empowerment||Induced innovativeness, fair cost, and increased knowledge of the energy system||• Decentralized ownership of solar PV mostly stretches current regulatory regimes.|
• This is sanctioned by the Swedish government and displays a shifted mindset.